[llvm-foundation] [cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] Sequential ID Git hook

Robinson, Paul via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 30 18:05:29 PDT 2016

From: Renato Golin [mailto:renato.golin at linaro.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 4:15 PM
To: Robinson, Paul
Cc: Clang Dev; LLDB Dev; LLVM Dev; Reid Kleckner; llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Subject: RE: [cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] Sequential ID Git hook

On 30 Jun 2016 10:20 p.m., "Robinson, Paul" <paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:
> We've since stopped creating the tags, and gotten used to not having
> them.  We do the 'rev-list --count' trick which mainly gets recorded as
> one component of the version number, and it has been working for us.
Does that work for sub modules inside the umbrella project?

I don't know, we don't use submodules, we use subtree merges to create
an omnibus branch.  If it *does* work in the parent project, that would
be cool (and might motivate us to reorganize our internal branches that
way, but not this year).
--paulr