[llvm-foundation] [llvm-dev] Sequential ID Git hook

Renato Golin via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 8 13:10:21 PDT 2016

On 8 July 2016 at 20:12, Chris Matthews <chris.matthews at apple.com> wrote:
> If LNT is the only holdout I suggest we update the LNT model to natively
> handle git.

I could say the reverse... If improving LNT is a reason to move to
Git, than we should do it. :)

> This sort of change to the
> guts of how LNT works is weeks of work, but I think it matches LNT’s goal of
> tracking performance changes as software evolves.

I think this is a worthy goal, GitHub or not. The Git mirror is
already official, and we could very well use that today.

Also, the GitHub migration, if it happens, will be months away anyway,
and we'll have to complete all pending tasks before we move, so this
could be one of them.

cheers,
--renato