[llvm-dev] Code scanning on GitHub

Eugene Zelenko via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jan 29 21:19:03 PST 2022

Hi!

I'm sorry, if this topic was already discussed.

GitHub offers multiple static analysis tools on
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/security/code-scanning, but looks
like none of them is enabled for LLVM builds. I think it'll be a good
idea to try relevant ones (C/C++, Python).

I was surprised to not find Clang Static Analyzer and Clang-tidy anong
other tools. Obviously, our own tools should be used on our code base
as regular tests for tools and improvement of LLVM code base as well
as offered for other projects to increase tools visibility and
relevance.

Eugene.