[llvm-dev] Speculative FP operation.

Kevin P. Neal via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 12 11:44:26 PST 2022

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 03:16:54PM +0000, Florian Hahn via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Jan 12, 2022, at 04:50, Umesh Kalappa via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Did someone tried enabling the trapping math for the aarch64 arch ?
> > So that we can surpass the transformation  like below.
> >

> As far as I know, initial trapping math support only existing for X86 at the moment.

X86, PowerPC, SystemZ.

I believe PowerPC is the only target that properly handles dynamic rounding
mode, where instructions don't get moved past a call instruction since we
don't know if the rounding mode will be changed. I might have missed the
fix for the other targets, though.

Seen on bottom of IBM part number 1887724:
DO NOT EXPOSE MOUSE PAD TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.