[llvm-dev] LLVM Infrastructure Changes - Moving to Discourse

Kiran Chandramohan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 12 03:00:57 PST 2022

Thanks, Tanya for the reply.

"Users from the archive will first be imported as users based on their email, and then they will be merged into your current Discourse site also based on their email; their ID and all user fields from our existing Discourse site will prevail.

not mailman user,     Discourse user  --> use Discourse normally
    mailman user,     Discourse user  --> use Discourse normally; they'll see their old emails in their history as if they posted them through Discourse
    mailman user, not Discourse user  --> will have Discourse"

In my case, I have used my Gmail account for Discourse but my company account for the mailing list. I see in the account settings in Discourse an option for "Add Alternate Email". Will this be sufficient? If it is the then it would be good to advise existing discourse users to add alternate emails to match the mailing list email.

OK with waiting for a few months to see how things go with Flang discourse traffic.

Regards,
Kiran