[llvm-dev] LLVM's Greedy Register allocator paper details

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 11 08:32:10 PST 2022

Unfortunately there is no paper about the greedy register allocator. In addition to Marinas talk there two more presentations about it:

First introduced/presentation from Jakob can be found in the 2011 LLVM Dev Meeting: https://llvm.org/devmtg/2011-11 "Register Allocation in LLVM 3.0"
I gave a tutorial on it in the 2018 LLVM Dev Meeting: https://llvm.org/devmtg/2018-10/ "Register Allocation: More than Coloring"

- Matthias