[llvm-dev] LLVM Infrastructure Changes - Moving to Discourse

Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 10 10:35:58 PST 2022

> On Jan 10, 2022, at 2:23 AM, Alex Bradbury <asb at asbradbury.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 at 07:19, Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> LLVM Community,
>>
>> I just posted a blog post about the upcoming changes to the mailing lists and LLVM Discourse forums:
>> https://blog.llvm.org/posts/2022-01-07-moving-to-discourse/
>>
>> I am sure some may be anxious about this change, but I hope we can work together as a community to resolve any potential issues or help each other navigate this change. I have put the migration to discourse guide that was drafted by the Infrastructure Working Group in LLVM Docs, and encourage people to add their tips and tricks to help others migrate over.
>> https://llvm.org/docs/DiscourseMigrationGuide.html
>>
>> If you have any questions about the plan, please let me know.
>
> One quick question about the new categories/subcategories - where do
> you think it would be most appropriate to post issues of LLVM Weekly?

I am thinking that it should be it’s own top level category. I would imagine that some people may only want to subscribe to that category to get LLVM Weekly directly in their inbox. I also thought about as a sub-category for Announcements, but it might be too high volume for that category. What do you think?

-Tanya