[llvm-dev] Phabricator Creator Pulling the Plug

Chris Tetreault via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 30 14:54:03 PDT 2021

As I, and others have noticed, it seems that as of today, there’s some certificate issue with arcanist. (See: https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2021-September/153019.html) The fix seems simple, and a PR is up, but looking through the PR activity, it seems that the PR will not be accepted because Phabricator is no longer being maintained. It seems that arc has become the first casualty of the discontinuation of maintenance of phabricator.

I know that arc is not universally used, but I think it’s a serious blow to many people’s workflows. I think that MyDeveloperDay’s question might have just become a bit more urgent.

I suppose in the short-term, we could fork the phabricator repos in order to fix little issues like this. Alternately, we should probably stop recommending arcanist (unless we want to provide instructions on how to fix any breakages that come along).

Thanks,
   Chris Tetreault