[llvm-dev] [RFC] Building LLVM-Debuginfod

Frank Ch. Eigler via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 29 10:30:44 PDT 2021

Hi -

As a developer of elfutils/debuginfod, I read with interest your
intent to build an llvm reimplementation of the debuginfod stack.
Best of luck, enjoy!

I'm curious whether there were any indications that the existing code
base couldn't be used due to problems of some sort.  AIUI, licensing
compatibility with LLVM is moot for out-of-process binaries like the
debuginfod server and the debuginfod-find client.  -L symlink loops
are a SMOP.  Was mach-o support the only real showstopper?

- FChE