[llvm-dev] LLD counterpart to '--plugin-opt=disbale-output' option of LLVMgold.so ?

徐明杰 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 29 03:53:35 PDT 2021

Hi all.
I noticed this is an option '--plugin-opt=disbale-output' in
gold-plugin.cpp, when this option is enabled, the field `PreOptModuleHook`
of lto::Config will be set to `[](size_t Task, const Module &M) { return
false; };` .
And as the description of `PreOptModuleHook` says, the link process will
exit right after linking (regular LTO) or loading (ThinLTO) the module,
before modifying it.
This is very useful when we only want to get optimization remarks of LTO
and do not want to do the whole link process.
Is there a LLD counterpart option to '--plugin-opt=disbale-output' option
of LLVMgold.so <http://llvmgold.so/> or any similar option ?
Regards,
Xu Mingjie @ ByteDance