[llvm-dev] Printing out the file being currently compiled (feature request)

Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 28 07:34:23 PDT 2021

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 4:19 PM John Emmas via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 28/09/2021 14:22, John Emmas via llvm-dev wrote:
> > On 28/09/2021 13:56, Hans Wennborg wrote:
> >> clang-cl has a /showFilenames option which will make it print the
> >> filename. Does that work for you?
> >>

> > Ah, that seems to work Hans - many thanks!
> >

> A dumb question maybe - but does Clang have some kind of config file
> that I could add this to?  i.e. a "one time" change, rather than needing
> to add it to hundreds of VS projects here?

Clang does have a config file concept, see [1], but I don't think it
would help here since you would need the --config option to use them.

It's also possible to pass flags via environment variables, but again
I don't think that would make it easier since you'd still need to
update the project file.

 - Hans

[1] https://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html#configuration-files