[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] compiler-rt RFE to support creating profraw for each Shared Library

Vedant Kumar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 23 11:31:04 PDT 2021

Hi Oza,

The mechanics of the patch are clear. What's not clear to me is why dso-specific .profraw files are helpful for code coverage, since merged .profraw's should work just as well.

Have you encountered issues using merged .profraws? Could you clarify what's meant by backtracking and instrumenting [the] final binary?

thanks,
vedant