[llvm-dev] Changing compilers/sysroots for LLVM_RUNTIME_TARGETS

Caleb Zulawski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 22 08:38:30 PDT 2021

Hi all, apologies in advance if this isn't the right place for this kind of
question.

I maintain a custom LLVM cross-compile toolchain (for Linux).  Right now I
build clang, lldb etc for the host, and I have several custom GCC
cross-compilers that I use to build compiler-rt and openmp, as external
projects.  I can then use clang with the -gcc-toolchain flag to specify the
sysroot and everything works great.

Building the runtime libraries individually for each target is onerous and
I'd rather do something that's well-supported.  Is there a way to specify
custom sysroots/extra flags when building the runtimes with
LLVM_RUNTIME_TARGETS, so I can do a standard runtimes build?  Perhaps there
is some trick I am missing.

Thanks for any help!
Caleb