[llvm-dev] SYCL code owner: nominating Alexey Bader

Ronan KERYELL via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 16 02:34:13 PDT 2021

Hello!

SYCL is a programming standard from Khronos targeting various
accelerators from any vendors (GPU, CPU, DSP,
FPGA...). https://www.khronos.org/sycl/

This is a single-source programming environment based on modern C++ with
many implementations and at least 3 strong implementations now.

More interestingly for our community, one of the implementation has been
in the process of up-streaming in Clang/LLVM for a few years now, based
on oneAPI DPC++, the open-source SYCL implementation mainly backed by
Intel. https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2019-January/060811.html

Unfortunately, there is no official code owner for SYCL in Clang/LLVM yet!

As Alexey Bader has been playing the acting role of the SYCL code owner
since the beginning in Clang/LLVM, is also the SYCL code owner en chef
in the staging repository
(https://github.com/intel/llvm/blob/sycl/.github/CODEOWNERS), and is
involved actively in Khronos standard committees for many years already,
I would like to enthusiastically nominate Alexey as the official code
owner for the Clang/LLVM community.

Thank you all for the amazing Clang/LLVM project!
--
  Ronan KERYELL
  Xilinx Research Labs & Khronos SYCL specification editor