[llvm-dev] Vendor extensions to DWARF support

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 13 12:01:27 PDT 2021

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 11:42 AM <paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:

> +dblaikie who made DwarfCompileUnit final in c0bb21f3 (aka svn r301068)

Yep, mostly because we didn't need it to be non-final (& would have to add
a virtual destructor (to at least address the -Wnon-virtual-dtor warning,
and to account for the possibility of further derived classes)).

Yeah, there'd need to be a bunch of conversations about what the entry
points are to customizing DwarfDebug, etc. If you have to carry local
patches to insert a different DwarfDebug implementation - including
removing 'final' (& adding a virtual dtor) is your local patches probably
isn't the worst thing - unlikely to be a high cost patch, I'd expect,
compared to the other stuff needed. But open to understanding the use case.