[llvm-dev] Vendor extensions to DWARF support

Youssefi, Anna via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 13 08:33:31 PDT 2021

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has recommendations on how best to implement Vendor extensions to DWARF support.  In particular, some of the functions I need to call are protected methods of the DwarfUnit class
(such as addAttribute()), but the DwarfCompileUnit subclass is final and can't be extended, and making a new subclass of DwarfUnit appears to require overriding functions that we don't need to override.  Currently I have added vendor-specific functions to DwarfCompileUnit, but as we like to keep our extensions separate from proper llvm code, this is less than ideal.

Thanks,
Anna Youssefi
Texas Instruments