[llvm-dev] [RFC] Eliminating non-IR floating-point controls in the selection DAG

Wang, Pengfei via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 30 09:15:08 PDT 2021

SelectionDAG has many overloaded methods of “getNode”, some of which don’t need to specify the Flags argument. This is reasonable because only FP nodes need that. But it also easily results in losing the Flags in the FP nodes too.
Here’s an example https://reviews.llvm.org/D84518
This problem has been greatly improved since https://reviews.llvm.org/D87361
I think we have the similar problem in MIR based optimizations, but I didn’t dig into it.

Thanks
Phoebe (Pengfei)