[llvm-dev] RFC: Generalizing Hexagon's VLIWMachineScheduler

Fraser Cormack via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 29 10:49:47 PDT 2021

Hi James,

I just wanted to say I think this is a good idea.

We've made use of this same Hexagon scheduler code before when starting
out with various downstream backends. Without a generic API I believe
we just ended up basically just copy/pasting the code into the
fledgling backends, which isn't ideal; I'm sorry we didn't do propose
something like what you're suggesting.

As you say, this is a useful general-purpose algorithm and so anything
that promotes code re-use is a win in my books.

Cheers,
Fraser