[llvm-dev] dexter failures in cross-project-tests

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 28 15:23:19 PDT 2021

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 12:33 PM David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:14 AM <paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:
>
>> Further research shows that no bot uses “all” targets; the bot
>> clang-x64-windows-msvc is listed as running debuginfo-tests, but that ninja
>> target became invalid after the move to cross-project-tests.  It’s the only
>> bot I see in the zorg config file that has that target.  So, apparently the
>> missing piece of work is to get that bot switched over to the new target
>> (and make sure it’s still passing).
>>
>> @rnk is listed as the owner of that bot.  With some notice, we (Sony)
>> should be able to provide assistance if the switch doesn’t Just Work.
>>

> Sure, that'd probably be good. I think Reid'd be OK if you want to commit
> that zorg change and check the buildbot - either undo the change or xfail
> the tests in some way to clean it up?

My memory is that I had to disable the debuginfo-tests when dexter was
added. There may be some stale names in the scripts, but the bot is only
running these tests:
  ninja -j 32 check-llvm check-clang check-clang-tools check-clangd
check-lld

I never got the dexter tests working locally for myself, so I never got
around to running them continuously.