[llvm-dev] Upcoming change with how libc++, libc++abi and libunwind are being built

Louis Dionne via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 19 09:37:01 PDT 2021

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 12:45 AM Michael Kruse <llvmdev at meinersbur.de>
wrote:

> Am Mo., 18. Okt. 2021 um 15:19 Uhr schrieb Louis Dionne <
> ldionne.2 at gmail.com>:
> > Nowadays, we handle all libc++'s own build bots through BuildKite at
> https://buildkite.com/llvm-project/libcxx-ci.
>
> I didn't know. Good that there is systematic testing, but I am a bit
> concerned about the fracturing of the CI infrastructure (Buildbot,
> Green dragon, GitHub actions, Buildkite, ...)

For libc++/libc++abi/libunwind, it's actually quite simple. There's exactly
one place to look, and it's BuildKite. And it runs systematically on all
changes.

- Buildbot: I removed all the libc++/libc++abi/libunwind buildbots over the
past year.
- Green Dragon: Ditto, I removed everything and we have Mac builders in
BuildKite.
- GitHubActions: Nobody's using that yet AFAICT.

I will actually have a talk at the upcoming Dev Meeting where I will
advocate for all projects moving to the same model, since we've had so many
incredible benefits from doing it in libc++ & friends.

Cheers,
Louis