[llvm-dev] [InstrProfiling] Lightweight Instrumentation

Ellis Hoag via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 18 13:50:40 PDT 2021

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm happy to see interest in improving
instrumentation size in upstream LLVM.

As for detecting CFG mismatches with __llvm_prf_data, we can easily store
the cfg hash in Dwarf using the DW_TAG_LLVM_annotation attribute which can
store any link-time constant. This value would be included final
default.profdata profile without any format change, so the compile would
consume it in the same way.

Ellis