[llvm-dev] RFC: Support for preferring paths with forward slashes on Windows

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 15 07:16:21 PDT 2021

Thanks for working on this.

I also noticed is that the paths printed by clang -v or -### are
escaping the backslashes and put them into quotes, i.e.
"C:\\path\\to\\clang.exe" -cc1 "..\\special'^`character .c"
Interestingly, it still works copy&pasting it to the Windows command
line [2], but cmd.exe's escape character is ^ and PowerShell's is the
backtick `. What would the correct output be?

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33027024/documented-behavior-for-multiple-backslashes-in-windows-paths

Michael