[llvm-dev] Add support for D programming language demangler

Luís Ferreira via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 12 10:34:41 PDT 2021

Dear LLVM Development Team,

I'm writing to the mailing list to discuss the introduction of a new
proposed demangler for D programming language. This introduction is
quite big and majorly ported from GCC libiberty codebase. To give some
context, the implementation was written by Iain Buclaw, the maintainer
of GDC (GCC-based D compiler) and I'm in contact with him and Mathias,
who is guiding me as a mentor on the SAOC (Symmetry Autumn of Code).

As requested by James Henderson, I'm CC'ing Tanya Lattner for extra
guidance for the right direction to push this forward.

The first patch is https://reviews.llvm.org/D110576, which was split
into several small patches:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111414
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111415
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111416
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111417
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111419
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111420
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111421
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111422
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111423
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111424
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111425
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111426
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111428
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111429
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111430
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111431
https://reviews.llvm.org/D111432

Please read the first patch for more context and suggested procedures
proposed by James Henderson and David Blaikie.

--
Sincerely,
Luís Ferreira @ lsferreira.net