[llvm-dev] Update on Bugzilla migration

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 11 10:24:44 PDT 2021

Dear fellow LLVM contributors and users,

I do apologize for the radio silence on the bugzilla migration and I
do certainly appreciate your patience on this topic. It turned out
that the overall migration process is quite non-trivial given the
amount of data, all kinds of restrictions, rules and regulations we
have to take into account. However now I believe we are very close to
the cut-off point. Here is the sequence of events that will likely
happen later this month:

1. I'd expect that we will perform a test migration of ~3k bugzilla
PRs into a dummy project later this week. Please let me know if you'd
encounter any side-effects of such migration, e.g. excessive
notifications being sent, etc.
2. After the migration we will perform the final check of the
contents: labels, users, cross-links, attachments, etc.
3. If step 2 will yield the content of adequate quality, we will
proceed to the next step. Otherwise we will have to fix the issues
that were found and redo steps 1-2. We will communicate the outcome of
the test migration to the community. We will likely not be able to
make big cosmetic changes at that moment, however, we will try to fix
bugs / usability problems should they appear. Note that ~400 first
bugs will be lost during the migration.
4. After step 3 we will decide on the roadmap of the actual migration.
I'd estimate that we will need to shut down / put bugzilla into
read-only mode for approx ~48-72 hours. We will communicate the
proposed roadmap with the community.
5. After the real migration Bugzilla will be put into read-only mode
for next few months to allow possible migration of any missed data.

--
On behalf of the LLVM Foundation,
Anton Korobeynikov,