[llvm-dev] [llvm-lit] Old echo causes test failure on windows

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 6 07:52:09 PDT 2021

cd and mkdir are builtin commands in cmd.exe, but I accept that the list is incomplete.  I suppose really it’s a representative set rather than an exhaustive list, intended to verify that the place it points to is reasonable.

Re. my reference to bit-rotting GnuWin32 tools, it looks like references to GnuWin32 in llvm/docs/GettingStartedVS.rst were removed by https://reviews.llvm.org/D108513 in August, but it is still mentioned in llvm/docs/CMake.rst, that should be updated to cite the git-bash tools.
--paulr