[llvm-dev] Phabricator Creator Pulling the Plug

Josh Stone via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 1 14:59:40 PDT 2021

On 9/30/21 4:15 PM, Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 4:09 PM Brian Cain <brian.cain at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2021, 6:04 PM Brian Cain <brian.cain at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does something like Rust's "bors" bot satisfy the herald rules need?
>>

>> sorry, maybe I was thinking of the high-five bot. And it looks like that's not quite a match for herald.
>
> Actually high-five may be a good starting point!
> In practice it may still be a bit limited by the GitHub integration:
> for example I suspect you may not be able to "subscribe" someone to a
> pull-request?
> Also what the user will receive as an email may be quite unhelpful
> (you have been subscribed to "<pull-request title>" instead of the
> current more comprehensive emails).

You can configure path-based "mentions" like these:
https://github.com/rust-lang/highfive/blob/6e2c21639aaeafaeae423b244d353247c507d46a/highfive/configs/rust-lang/rust.json#L129

It will mention those users in a comment, which subscribes them, like:
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/89266#issuecomment-927275025

That one demonstrates both an individual and an org team, and note that
people can choose whether their team membership is publicly visible.