[llvm-dev] Encoding/formating problems in migrated GitHub issues

Oliver Stöneberg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 28 12:05:39 PST 2021

I got the invitaion to join the "LLVM" organization on GitHub today
and I was a bit puzzled why - but then I remembered the bugzilla
migration is coming up. I was just aware of this since I follow the
repo and LLVM Weekly a bit - others might not be aware what this is
actually a bit. Fortunately my mail adresses matched so I could be
migrated - wasn't aware of a form to register... but I digress.

I took a look at my issues in GitHub and I came across some with
enconding/formating issues:

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-archive/issues/37813
In the title some HTML encoded character was introduced changing a
simple "@private" from the original report to "@​private".

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-archive/issues/47167
Since GitHub uses Markdown by default the "__VA_ARGS__" in the sample
code is now bold and the code is no longer valid.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-archive/issues/48284
The sample code in this is all messed up since it is treated as
Markdown. This seems to be true for several of my reported issues.

It is probably extremely late to the report this if this is supposed
to go live by tomorrow but the Markdown issues appears to be pretty
bad to me since you will not be able to get the actual source code if
you are not allowed to edit the post.