[llvm-dev] DominatorTree, JumpThreading and EarlyCSE non-determinism

Jakub (Kuba) Kuderski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 26 08:18:32 PST 2021

I looked at the updated patch (https://reviews.llvm.org/D110292) and I'd
like to clarify one more thing.

Do we have any existing policy about the state of preserved analyzes? Does
a preserved analysys have to have the same state as a recalculated one?
This seems useful from the perspective of bisecting the optimization
pipeline and verification passes.

If this doesn't have to be the case, I think the patch is fine.

If it does, I I see an issue with agreeing that 2 domtrees with different
order of children are not equal. We would have to check this in DomTree
verification, and possibly modify the updater to fix up the order of
children to be the same as a freshly calculated tree.