[llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: LLVM Bugzilla migration

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 24 00:41:35 PST 2021

Hello James,

> Could we please make all the existing tools components in bugzillas into their own labels, rather than some arbitrary distinction between them (assuming that the tool still exists in LLVM at least)? For instance, the following tools don't have their own label, but really should:
>
> 1) llvm-cxxfilt (corresponds to the llvm-c++filt component): should be tools:llvm-cxxfilt.
> 2) llvm-mca: should be tools:llvm-mca.
We do have the label mapping document that was created and agreed
during one of the roundtables and reviewed further by the community.
The mapping labels were created according to that document.

> Also, I noticed a few of these tools:*** labels merged tool names, which is fine, since the tools in question are closely related. However, in some cases, the names are both prefixed with "llvm-" (e.g. "tools:llvm-ar/llvm-ranlib") and in others they aren't (e.g. "tools:llvm-objcopy/strip"). Could we please make sure all such instances are standardised to one form or the other (I don't care that much which, but have a slight preference for both having the "llvm-" prefix)?
Thanks for the comments. The changes in label names / representation
could be done post-migration as necessary.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University