[llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: LLVM Bugzilla migration

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 23 11:15:50 PST 2021

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 21:04, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info>
wrote:

> > We occasionally have issues created by people that don't read this list,
> so it'd be better if we could have a way to disable new issues from GH's
> own settings.
> > I haven't found a way on my own repos, but perhaps the migration process
> can do that as part of the setup / teardown.
> Well... you'd assume that there is a way of doing this. But apparently
> there is no :) There is a single switch to turn issues on and off, so
> it is not possible to "hide" issues but still work on them.

Anton, I have an idea. Github lets you create an issue template, so that
when people try to submit a new one, it comes pre-filled with some meta
information.

We could fill up a template saying "Please don't create an issue now, as
we're migrating the system". It's not fool-proof, but it does reach the
right people if they're not following this thread...

--renato