[llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: LLVM Bugzilla migration

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 22 22:58:34 PST 2021

>> > If we can attribute it to an anonymous entity, e.g. by putting "Anonymous LLVM Contributor 123 wrote:" at the top of a comment by llvmbot, at least readers can understand whether two comments on a bug are from the same person or from different people, for example. Can we at least do something like that?
>> We do this for issues. They are marked as submitted by "LLVM Bugzilla
>> Contributor".
> As I said, the purpose would be to allow disambiguating multiple anonymous contributors, e.g. by suffixing a unique number to each anonymous contributor. The reply misses that point.
Thanks for the comment. However, no, it does not. We cannot suffix and
separate different anonymous contributions. I do not want to dig deep
into details, but some regulations require us to ensure that the
author of the data cannot be traced back when the origin of anonymized
data is removed. This requirement is quite vague and quite new, but
still we have to comply with it. One way of doing this is to "pool"
all anonymous contributions so they will be indistinguishable from
each other from the author standpoint.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University