[llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: LLVM Bugzilla migration

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 22 12:35:59 PST 2021

> If we can attribute it to an anonymous entity, e.g. by putting "Anonymous LLVM Contributor 123 wrote:" at the top of a comment by llvmbot, at least readers can understand whether two comments on a bug are from the same person or from different people, for example. Can we at least do something like that?
We do this for issues. They are marked as submitted by "LLVM Bugzilla
Contributor".

> And, if such a problem exists, I think we ought to address that problem before migration.
They had more than half a year to submit a survey and received
multiple notifications. We are not going to delay the migration due to
this.

> I very much doubt it's true that everyone who cares will have filled it out already. I mean, just speaking for myself...I think I filled out the form? But maybe I only intended to, but forgot to get around to it? Who knows. Assuming I actually did, I'm certain there are more people in the same situation who actually did _not_.
Well, you can simply go and submit it once again. We will certainly
take care of dups.

> Some other questions that pop into my mind:
Great! Thanks for the questions. Probably they should have asked 2
years ago. You will be able to check the results by yourself after the
migration.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University