[llvm-dev] Update on Bugzilla migration

Geoffrey Martin-Noble via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 12 11:53:51 PST 2021

I was about to suggest the same thing as Mara (email came in just as I was
about to hit send 🙂). It should be pretty easy to do this:

1) For each bugzilla bug number, create a GitHub issue with a name like
"placeholder for bugzilla migration" and a link to the corresponding
bugzilla bug (and maybe some explanation of what's going on so it's less
weird to people coming across it)
2) To avoid these issues clogging up the GitHub, close them all to start
with (they can be reopened later if they correspond to an open issue on
bugzilla)
3) Stop new issue creation on Bugzilla
4) Add GitHub issues in the same way as (1) for any new Bugzilla bugs that
were filed between (1) and (3). Technically you could start by stopping new
issue creation on Bugzilla, but it's probably nice to minimize the window
where there's no way to file issues.
5. Open up the GitHub for new issue creation
6. Figure out how to migrate all the Bugzilla bugs without time pressure