[llvm-dev] status of CodeGen in new Pass Manager

Mingming Liu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 12 10:26:29 PST 2021

Hi,
   This is a newbie question around CodeGen related passes and the current
status in new Pass Manager.

   From
https://llvm.org/docs/NewPassManager.html#status-of-the-new-and-legacy-pass-managers,
there are ongoing efforts to make the codegen pipeline work in the new Pass
Manager (which is great!). Searching in the bug list (
https://bugs.llvm.org/buglist.cgi?component=opt&list_id=226453&product=tools&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&short_desc=codegen&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr)
gives no result.

   I'm wondering if anyone has more information on the current status of
CodeGen in the new Pass Manager (a tracking bug or other pointers)?

   The context is that, I'm using opt CLI (by default new PM is used), and
surprised that codegenprepare pass doesn't run, so dig down and having more
questions :-)

   Any related information will be appreciated!

--
Thanks,
Mingming