[llvm-dev] Where does doInitialization() fit into the new PassManager model?

Zhang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 11 06:54:34 PST 2021

Hi Arthur:
Thanks for the hint about RNG. While we are at it, one more thing the documentation is a bit vague about is that:
Can I insert GVs into the Module in doFinalization()? I know you could do so in doInit(). The reason I'm asking this is that so I could implement my passes as FunctionPass if this holds.

And again, where does this sort of behavior fits into the new PM? I assume it's also not considered?

Zhang