[llvm-dev] ORC JIT Weekly #43 -- MachOPlatform updated to use allocation actions

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 7 22:07:29 PST 2021

Hi All,

Since my last update the ORC MachO Platform has been updated to use
allocation actions for eh-frame and thread-data registration [1]. Upcoming
patches will move to allocation actions for registering initializer and
language metadata sections too, meaning that MachO objects should be able
to be fully linked into the executor in a single IPC/RPC round trip. As a
bonus this should simplify the platform code, as we now have a natural way
to aggregate initializer data structures on the executor side (rather than
having the executor call back to the JIT to collect this information during
a jit-dlopen call).

OrcRTBridge cleanup has been set aside briefly. Instead of working on that
I'm going to take a shot at getting MachO debugging support working in time
for the dev meeting.

-- Lang.

[1]
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/ff846fcb64c6a23eab04a5ef7d6c0d9cf867e18e