[llvm-dev] Statepoint GC: query about non-relocating statepoints and instcombine

Colm Ó hIcí via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 7 15:38:26 PST 2021

Hi,

I'm using the statepoint GC infra, but without RS4GC. I'm manually emitting
statepoints and not currently doing relocations.

I ran into an issue when updating from 11 to 12 (or 13, or ToT): my gc-live
operand bundles were being wiped.

I tracked this down to https://reviews.llvm.org/D85959, but this just has
me more confused. If InstCombine removes any gc-live entries that aren't
relocated, how are you meant to emit the explicit statepoints?

I might just be missing something obvious here- the documentation for explicit
statepoints seems sparse and out of date.

Hopefully someone has some insight. :)

Thanks!
Colm