[llvm-dev] [External] Re: Performance benefits shown in [RFC: CSSPGO with Pseudo-Instrumentation] can't be reproduced.

徐青青 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 1 23:42:11 PDT 2021

As you suggested, I remove -fdebug-info-for-profiling in first compiling
process and add -flto in second compiling process for CSSPGO, -flto can
bring great improvement.

To be fair, I also add -flto in second compiling process for AutoFDO. The
result shows that AutoFDO bring more performance benefits over CSSPGO
(about 20% on SpecCPU2017's 523.xalancbmk_r).

The version of llvm I used is llvm-12. And your RFC is also based on
llvm-12 according the time of RFC. Have I missed anything in the usage of
CSSPGO? Is there any option for CSSPGO which I need to open manually? Could
you please test the branch release/12.x and confirm the results to help me
to get performance benefits over AutoFDO?

Thanks,
Qingqing