[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Proposal: Adding a toplevel .mailmap file

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 25 07:00:22 PDT 2021

Offhand this seems like a good idea to me—as another example, someone might change companies and therefore email addresses, but it would be good to have a way to identify all contributions from the same person.

On the other hand… github IDs can have multiple addresses, is there a way to leverage that?  But maybe github IDs are a github thing rather than a git thing, which makes that difficult?
--paulr