[llvm-dev] [GSoC] Fixing fundamental issues in LLVM IR

George Mitenkov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 24 23:10:00 PDT 2021

Hi all,

My proposal "Fixing fundamental issues in LLVM IR: Introducing a byte type
to solve load type punning" was accepted for GSoC 2021. My project is about
resolving an issue when optimizations introduce an implicit `ptrtoint`
instruction to load a pointer as an integer, breaking alias analysis. My
full proposal is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C6WLgoqoDJCTTSFGK01X8sR2sEccXV5JMabvTHlpOGE/edit?usp=sharing
.

I am looking forward to working with my mentors Nuno Lopes and Juneyoung
Lee, as well as excited about contributing to the LLVM community.

Thanks,
George