[llvm-dev] How to use a custom InlineAdvisor with the new pass manager

Neil Henning via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 20 00:04:02 PDT 2021

So what I need is for the default LLVM inliner to be able to use my
InlineAdvisor in some fashion - without modifying tip LLVM *locally *to do
so.

So what I think I will have to do is land one of the proposals I stated
originally (or a better idea from any of you fine folk) into LLVM *before *the
LLVM 13 cutoff, so that when we pick up the LLVM 13 release in future we'll
have the APIs available to set our own InlinerAdvisor.

So to be clear - I'm totally ok to do a patch to LLVM to fix this, I just
can't patch LLVM myself *locally *post-release because we are provided with
a pre-built LLVM for some platforms we support.

Hopefully that makes it a bit clearer?