[llvm-dev] Linking error with Dataflow sanitizer

Mitch Phillips via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 17 10:34:04 PDT 2021

Removing the dfs$ prefix from the mangled name, the symbol that's missing
is std::exception::what(), which normally comes from libc++abi. Are you
sure that libc++abi.so contains the dfsan-prefixed symbol and your link
line order is correct?

On my machine:

$ ninja cxx cxxabi && nm lib/libc++abi.so.1.0 | grep exception | grep what
000000000011cd60 T dfs$_ZNKSt13bad_exception4whatEv
000000000011cc90 T dfs$_ZNKSt9exception4whatEv