[llvm-dev] Some news in security_by_rust thread

pawel k. via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 10 15:26:33 PDT 2021

Hello,
Plz forgive if obvious or uninteresting.

If anyone is interested what might be complangs further on securitybyrust
path:
-pascal note: im reborn fan
-zonnon note1: from lab of emeritus turing awardee and inventor of pascal
family one and only niklaus wirth note2: russians are pushing for it note3:
theres compiler writen in dotnet for it
-zig  note1: forgive punnable name, note2: http://ziglearn.org for hello
world etc

Some might owe credits to Microsoft, theyre working on rust for their
platform.

Checkedc from microsoft might help in analysis/debuggin of memaccesses in
system and automated migration from c to some better world. They use sal
annotations heavily.

Past project cyclone has some funny ideas for making c more secure like
nulltermptr nonnullptr and some other interesting constructs. They are
using some banshee tool heavily there but didnt study yet what machinery
type is that.

Ccured project on how to make programs/complangs more type safe.

I respect author of csmith project now in Microsoft for his work on
autofinding bugs in compilers of c. We could try to use this approach and
his findings for proper design and compiler autotesting of rust and his
descendants.

Best regards,
Pawel Kunio