[llvm-dev] Generate statepoints for given code

Kavindu Gimhan Zoysa via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 7 09:23:00 PDT 2021

Hi All,

I am currently working on evaluating the support of the LLVM GC framework
in order to design a garbage collector.

I have followed the below docs.
https://releases.llvm.org/11.0.0/docs/GarbageCollection.html
https://releases.llvm.org/11.0.0/docs/Statepoints.html
https://releases.llvm.org/11.0.0/docs/StackMaps.html

I am trying to generate the llvm IR with safepoints for the given C code.
This repository contains relevant source files.
https://github.com/KavinduZoysa/test-GCs/tree/master/statepoints

I generated statepoints for main.ll file I used the command *opt-11
--rewrite-statepoints-for-gc main.ll -S -o main-statepoints.ll*

I want to know the way I followed to generate statepoints is correct? If
not the what is the best practice of generating statepoints(for give LLVM
IR) for a garbage collector?

Thank you,
Kavindu

Kavindu Gimhan Zoysa,