[llvm-dev] C++ JIT Compiler with LLVM on Windows 10 - part 5

Geoff Levner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 31 06:09:29 PDT 2021

Hi Emmanuel and Lang,

I am tuning in to this thread several months late, because I am just now
trying to port our ORC-based application to Windows, and I am running into
all the same problems that Emmanuel ran into. To avoid unresolved symbols I
have had to compile JIT modules with -D_DLL; I have had to export
RTTI-related symbols explicitly with the same trick that Emmanuel found;
and now I have multiple definitions of ??_7exception at std@@6B@, like
Emmanuel.

I see this bug has not been fixed, so my question is mostly for Emmanuel:
have you found a workaround? I don't know exactly when this symbol is
generated, but I have C++ modules that cannot be JIT compiled as a result...

Geoff