[llvm-dev] Running LIT based testcases outside of llvm source

Tejas Joshi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 30 08:25:10 PDT 2021

Hello,

So far, I have been copying .ll lit bases test cases in some
/llvm-project/llvm/test/<directory>
and then running them with
/build-dir/bin/llvm-lit.

Now, I need to run these test cases without adding them to llvm source, using
/build-dir/bin/llvm-lit
or
/install-dir/bin/llvm-lit
So to create similar test suite environment outside of source, I followed:
<https://medium.com/@mshockwave/using-llvm-lit-out-of-tree-5cddada85a78>
with some relevant changes but I am stumbling on error:
AttributeError: 'TestingConfig' object has no attribute 'my_obj_root'

Any changes that I am missing here?

OR
Regardless of the above link. Is there a simpler way to do this where
I can run any IR based test cases outside of llvm source while
referring to the corresponding tool in /build-dir/bin/ or
/install-dir/bin/?

Thanks,
Tejas