[llvm-dev] Unsigned integer underflow in HardwareLoops pass (PPC, perhaps ARM)

Sjoerd Meijer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 29 10:45:24 PDT 2021

Yep, that doesn't look good and deserves a PR and some more looking into.
Wondering why we haven't seen this before: I guess at higher optimisations levels this problem is hidden by iteration count checks generated by the vectoriser or loop unroller.
It is a bit of a funny test, as also shown by the code produced with a higher opt level, but that shouldn't be an excuse I think.

Cheers,
Sjoerd.