[llvm-dev] Change lli default JIT engine to Orc

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Mar 20 11:04:30 PDT 2021

Hi Stefan,

I agree that this change is overdue. Thank you very much for working on it.
:)

While I think this change is overdue, there is no rush to land it. I am
> happy to discuss details in case you have any concerns.

I have no concerns with the intended change. Once you have left a few days
for others to comment, and assuming there are no objections, I would go
ahead and land this. I suspect you will see some extra failures when this
hits the builders, but that's to be expected -- you may find that we need a
few rounds of applying and reverting this before all the kinks can be
worked out. Landing early gives us plenty of time to sort those out before
the next release.

Regards,
Lang.