[llvm-dev] RFC: Decomposing deref(N) into deref(N) + nofree

Johannes Doerfert via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 19 10:45:52 PDT 2021

Thanks Philip for driving this for a while now!

Yeah, there were always two conflicting views for this one and we now
found multiple cases where that bites us.
I think the `nofree` solution is a good one, it was introduced for that
reason (https://reviews.llvm.org/D49165).

(Yet another opportunity to suggest a lightweight Attributor pass run by
default only for certain attributes, like
  nofree.)

I'm (kinda obviously) in favor ;)

~ Johannes