[llvm-dev] Question about post-commit review

Nigel Perks via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 18 07:49:32 PDT 2021

Does post-commit review mean that the author must find reviewers, in the same way as for a patch, except after the commit?

Or does it mean that the author commits without a review, and then must respond to people who choose to review, but the commit might go unreviewed?

I understand from [1] that "where there is any uncertainty, a patch should be reviewed prior to being committed". I just want to be clear, when a small change does qualify for post-commit review, what the author has to do. [1] says "prior to an explicit review": I'm not sure if that means an explicit review must happen eventually.

Thanks,

Nigel

[1] https://llvm.org/docs/CodeReview.html